CBL 1 (Semester – 1)
Department of Anatomy
A 36-years-old obese woman married for 5 years went to fertility clinic for her inability to conceive. She has amenorrhea for the last five months. Her tests on 14th day of her menstrual cycle revealed:
ULTRASOUND: Enlarged ovaries with Pearl string appearance of immature follicle.
Raised LH to FSH ratio
Raised serum insulin levels
1.What are the two Female reproductive cycles?
2.Give brief Comparison of the two female reproductive cycles?
- Briefly describe the different phases of these cycles?
4.Which hormones are involved and what role does these hormones play in female reproductive cycles?
- What are the characteristic features of Graffian Follicle?
- Enumerate different types of follicles present in Human ovary?
- Define Amenorrhoea? What are the main causes of amenorrhoea?
- How does obesity play role in this condition?
- Which other symptoms should be looked for in this case to make a diagnosis?
- Enumerate diagnostic tools used for diagnosing this condition?
- How is this condition treated?
LANGMAN TEXT BOOK OF EMBRYOLOGY
KEILTH L. MOORE (EMBRYOLOGY)