The Abbassi Shaheed Hospital proudly places itself among Pakistan’s most prestigious hospitals. Located in one of the most populous neighborhoods in Karachi, it is also the third largest public sector hospital that comes under the umbrella of the City Government of Karachi. With a total cost of 2.5 crores at the time of completion, the hospital was inaugurated on 2nd technologically advanced and equipped hospital at that time, and has brilliantly evolved along with the changing demands of the modern medical and healthcare.
Committed to finest quality healthcare and medical education, Abbassi Shaheed officially became the teaching hospital of Karachi Medical and Dental College. Since then, both institutes have supported each other in a way that has helped prevalence of quality healthcare and highest standard of education. The hospital helps the students acquire practical and research based understanding of modern medicine and medical science. The hospital has a tradition of hiring the most qualified and experienced senior surgeons who not only provide proper care to the patient but also offer valuable insight and education to the young doctors who have just started their practice.
The popularity of this reputed hospital goes beyond the largest most populated metropolitan city of Pakistan. The hospital caters a large number of patient arriving from other cities majorly from interior Sindh. Words may not be enough to describe the rapid and immense growth, evolution and popularity of Abbassi Shaheed hospital. Therefore, we shall leave it to the numbers and figures that speak for themselves.
• It has the strength of 850 beds and a total of 18 operation theatres for various departments including Eye, Orthopedics, gynecology and Trauma centre, etc.
• More than a dozen of specialized departments including Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Urology, and Radiology.
• A 24/7 emergency and casualty service along with a round the clock medico-legal department.
• Major modern test facilities including X-Ray and CT Scans.
• Modern and state-of-the –art technological equipments available for all the departments including specialized units and emergency department.
• Also serves as a training centre for the laboratory technician, X-ray technician, OT nursing and midwifery.
• Offers training and educational opportunities for students pursuing higher qualification such as MCPS, FCPS and FCPS II. January 1974. It was one of the most
• Both professional and education endeavors are recognized by PMDC and other official bodies that include the College of Physician and Surgeon, Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynecologists, UK to name a few.